Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Strawberry and Champagne Cupcakes

So, with lots of time on my hands, I was thinking of things to make for some of my friends! A bunch of my friends were moving into their new houses a week after I had moved in, so I decided to bake them a housewarming treat! I had seen this recipe for champagne cupcakes, which I thought could be delicious! It had a champange buttercream, but while I've been baking I have discovered that I'm not a huge fan of buttercreams. They're a bit too rich for me so I didn't want to use the frosting in this recipe. I thought it would be cute to do a strawberry frosting, so I went on a search for a good strawberry frosting. I found one that was a whipped cream, which I thought I would try. I have to say, it was AMAZING. I ended up saving the rest, freezing it and eating it like ice cream. whoops?

I wanted to make them extra cute (why not?) so I added a strawberry slice to the top. Definitely my prettiest cupcakes to date!




cupcakes: somekitchenstories
frosting: cupcakeproject

No comments:

Post a Comment