Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Real Time: Butterbeer Cupcakes

So I have finally finished updating all my backlogged photographs! These cupcakes were actually made on the day of posting: July 21, 2011.
Anyone who has ever met me knows that I LOVE Harry Potter. Pretty much anything to do with it, and I will love it. After my life ended with the release of the last movie (still in denial that it's over!), I wasn't quite sure what I would do with myself. Luckily, I ran into some recipe blogs that have been using Harry Potter as inspiration. These butterbeer cupcakes sounded like heaven, so I bookmarked the recipe for a good day. For those who don't know, butterbeer is a delicious drink that the kids of Hogwarts always drink when they take trips to Hogsmeade!
With two friends coming over for the weekend, and my decision to FINALLY make this blog, I thought they would be a good thing to make! They call for some odd ingredients, so after gathering everything I would need, I set out to make them.
 I used my makeshift double boiler to make the butterscotch ganache..
 But my lack of squeeze bottle did seem to be a problem (the butterscotch is supposed to be in IN the cupcakes, not outside and all over the place).
But, in the end they turned out GREAT! I wasn't sure I was going to like them as the frosting was SO butterscotch, but the cream soda tasting cake balanced it out perfectly. I definitely recommend these cupcakes and I can't wait to taste real butterbeer when I finally make it to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!



recipe: amybites

No comments:

Post a Comment