Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Taking a break from the heavy, chocolate filled treats that we normally make...






comes strawberry lemonade cupcakes! I've been keeping this on my list of things to make and one day I decided to finally take a crack at it. I wanted them to be very light because I already knew what frosting I wanted to use with it, so I needed to find the perfect lemon cake. I found one that was supposed to create a sponge cake texture and after I made those I began to make my favorite frosting!

It's a straight whipped cream with completely fresh strawberry puree mixed right in. My roommates and I saved all of the extra and ate it straight... no regrets.


It matches perfectly with the light cake. Refreshing!







Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting:

1 cup of heavy whipped cream
1/3 cup of sugar
Strawberries!

1. Whip cream with beaters/ stand mixer until thick
2. Mix in sugar
3. Fold in pureed strawberries. I used an entire package of strawberries but it really is up to you and how much taste you want!

Make sure you have good tasters :] I don't think you will have any problems getting people to taste test.


cake: todaysnest

No comments:

Post a Comment